The last 2 weeks here have seen perfect days, everyday. It was a great time to have the Pacific Partnership 2012 and USNS Mercy to arrive in town for 2 weeks.
The town has been fairly busy all July and August with the great weather. SihanoukVille's Islands, especially Koh Rong and Koh Rong Samloem were filled to capacity most days.
A few new businesses opened up in the last few months, including....
- 2NE1 - Korean and Asian restaurant on Ocheteaul Beach
- Bad Panda - Bagels, Attitude and Donuts next to Maybe Later
- Barracuda Blues - Guesthouse on Victory Hill
- Black Coffee Restaurant - Real Cambodian Coffee (and volleyball and pool)
- Cafe Amigo - SihanoukVille's first Estonian Mexican restaurant
- Cafe Noir - Best coffee in town, right on the beach
- Chan Mony Bungalows - Otres Village riverside bungalows
- Family Bungalow - new guesthouse on Serendipity Beach Road
- Four Rest - Otres Beach Bungalows and bar
- Freelance Bar - Downtown Bar and Guesthouse
- Gas & Surf - Ride big bikes in the day, Spanish food on Ocheteaul at night
- Girlly Bar - SihanoukVille's only all you can eat Indian, sports bar, and happy pizza
- Harbor Lights Palace - Victory Hill resort
- L'Osteria di Gino - Italian restaurant and guesthouse
- Lonely Beach - Koh Rong Island bungalows
- Maybe Later - Tacos and Attitude, next to Bad Panda, Serendipity Beach
- Mekong Tours - Tours in Vietnam
- Mushroom Beach Point - Mushroom Point's beach-side sister. Otres Beach.
- Phka Champey Guesthouse - Rooms and a pool off Ocheteaul Beach
- Phnom Meas Guesthouse - Gardens, restaurants and bungalows on SihanoukVille Mountain
- Robinson Bungalows - Koh Rong Samloem Island bungalows
- Song Saa Private Island - Private Island, with private mansions with swimming pools
- The Last Resort - Rock and Roll bar off Ocheteaul Beach
- Ung Wisal Guesthouse - Guesthouse, sauna and gym downtown
And approaching 500,000 views, is the SihanoukVille page on YouTube
And with over 50,000,000 photo views, including the ones on the SihanoukVille website, you can check out the SihanoukVille photo albums on Google.
We're having a great time here, swimming, eating, drinking, diving, island hopping, and more. Hope to see you here soon!