We just finished the First Angkor Beer SihanoukVille International Half Marathon, and it was a great success. Over 1,000 contestants from more than 20 countries. See you back next year!
Filming finished on Koh Rong Island for a survivor series, and Discovery Channel is in town filming a project.
The Annual SihanoukVille Parade great fun as always.
Weather's been great, between hot and not too hot, with an occasional rain.
A few new places opened:
- Au Plat du Jour - French restaurant near the market. But we just call it Plate of the Day.
- Au Delices de Lutin - Another French restaurant on Ocheteaul Beach.
- Cambodia Diving Group - with Cambodia's fastest speedboat to the islands
- Carpe Diem Guesthouse - in back of Otres Beach in the middle of a rice field
- Don Bosco Hotel School - has reopened
- Everything is Everything Bungalows - and beach bar on Otres Beach
- Liming Guesthouse - downtown
- Mi Casa Guesthouse - and Tapas, a Freax Production around the Golden Lion Circle
- Mushroom Beach Point - Like Mushroom Point, but right on Otres Beach
- New York Diner - on Ocheteaul Beach, with a real New York City chef.
- Phka Champey Guesthouse - on the third street from Ocheteaul Beach, with a pool
- Sisters All Day Breakfast - in 3 locations around Ocheteaul Beach
- Slumdog Curry - in Utopia Plaza. All Veg of course.
- Terrace Restaurant - on Karaoke Street. But it's actually very quiet there.
Next, we're waiting for Khmer New Years celebration in the middle of April, a visit from the USNS MERCY hospital ship, and possibly a long weekend for President Obama when he comes to Cambodia for the ASEAN meeting.
The Cambodian Islands are mostly booked up for this season, and are filling up fast for 2012 / 2013 season.
And that's it! Nothing much really new, the party just continues.
See You Soon!