We're waiting for the rain to stop, (but it is good for writing blogs). Should stop around the beginning of October. But that hasn't stopped everyone getting ready for the Winter..... The Best Time of Year in SihanoukVille!
Plenty of action going on here:
Pearl City Shopping Mall is getting ready to open, hopefully in early 2012.
The Bridge to Snake Island is finished, and the creation of Morakot Island begins.
A few new businesses have opened in town as well:
- Bacchus Guesthouse on Ocheteaul / Serendipity Beach
- Boun Tours and Travel - local and international tours
- Captain Chim's II - The famous restaurant from Kampot expands West
- Charity Cafe - in the Utopia complex
- Charlie Harper's Bar & Rooms - Air-Con restaurant downtown with Poker
- Coconut Tree Bar - on the Fortuna strip
- Flame Parilla Steak House - Serendipity Beach Road
- Green Lemon Restaurant - Pim's Plaza with Finnish Management
- Guido's - Spanish Cuisine by Serendipity Beach
- Healthy Tattoo - 'Cause we hate the unhealthy kind
- Island Divers - in the Safety Stop Guesthouse, Golden Lions
- Kong Bar - don't know if it's King Kong or Koh Kong
- Le Reve Bleu - Guesthouse on Serendipity Beach
- Reggae Bar - Bob Marley slept here once, on Fortuna Strip
- Safety Stop Guesthouse - Golden Lions Plaza
- Serenity Spa - Serendipity Beach
- Siddhartha Guesthouse - Serendipity Beach
- Suchi Restaurant - Self serve food in Pim's Plaza
- Tattoo 99 - Local Tattooist
- The Led Zephyr - O.K., not opened yet, but finishing building and auditioning bands
- The View Hotel - a hotel with a view, Serendipity Beach
- Vitamin Cafe - Health foods with a bit of chocolaty bakery mixed in.
- Gek Ko Guesthouse - next to Golden Sand Hotel with Swiss / Khmer management
- The Dutch Bar opened on Victory Hill
- Golden Sea Casino opened on Victory Hill
- Greek Soul Kitchen - Serendipity Beach
- and Britannia's back, now in the Safety Stop Guesthouse.
and if it weren't raining, I'd be on Victory Hill with more updates there.
Now's the time to start planning your vacation to Sunny (in the Winter) SihanoukVille.
and see thousands of videos of SihanoukVille on YouTube
See you soon!